Saturday, April 19, 2014

Emotional Jullien leads Saint Mary's over Santa Clara

   Jenny Jullien, playing her last home match, defeated Katie Le 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 at No. 1 singles to lead No. 46 Saint Mary's over Santa Clara 5-2 on Friday in Moraga.
   Jullien is ranked 12th nationally and Le 27th.
   "It was very emotional coming into today," Jullien, from France, said on smcgaels.com. "This morning, I woke up, and I could feel the emotions. It's a bittersweet feeling, I would say, especially playing against Katie because we are rivals in the conference and it's always very tight between us, so I knew I had to bring my 'A' game. I'm glad I did."
   Saint Mary's, which finished its regular season at 12-7 overall and 6-2 in the West Coast Conference, will be seeded third in next week's WCC Championships in San Diego. Santa Clara (9-9, 4-4) will end its regular-season schedule today at Pacific before heading to the WCC tournament.
FRIDAY'S COLLEGE RESULTS
Women
   No. 46 Saint Mary's 5, Santa Clara 2
  San Jose State 5, Nevada 2
  USF 6, Pacific 1
Men
   No. 60 Santa Clara 4, Saint Mary's 0

No comments:

Post a Comment